Flickr Widget

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

For the very best drink you ever made

For people who grew up in the 1950s like I did, sometimes vintage pieces have more nostalgic value than monetary worth. That’s the case with the subject of this post.

As far back as I can remember, my grandmothers and my mother had sets of these multi-colored aluminum glasses with the matching pitchers and trays. Countless packets of grape Kool-Aid were mixed up and served in those sets for my brother and me, and I’ll never forget how frosty-cold those glasses felt.

Several companies manufactured them, with a few variations in style, such as wooden handles on some of the pitchers and a slightly different flare of the lip of the glasses. This picture shows the kind my family had, which were made by Color Craft.

The post title is an excerpt from this 1950s Kool-Aid jingle.


Color Craft anodized aluminum drinkware, c. 1955
worthpoint.com

No comments:

Post a Comment