Flickr Widget

Monday, October 25, 2010

Making room for more

Yesterday I was reading about another MCM blogger’s garage sale. She posted about it after the fact, and her readers were disappointed that they hadn’t had a chance to buy some of her treasures.

My daughter, son-in-law and I closed our mid-century booth in an antique mall a couple of months ago and moved everything into my workshop, leaving the narrowest of paths so I could get in and out. Then, a few days ago we picked up the last of the free MCM furniture my friend gave me after her estate sale. Now there’s not even a path, so we decided that a garage sale is in order. After all, how can we justify buying more if we don't have anywhere to put it?

Here’s a small sampling of what we’ll be selling, in case any of you want to jump in the car and take a road trip to Texas. Hey, we squeezed three adults, a baby and two dogs into a Honda Insight and drove to the Denver Modernism show, so I guess anything’s possible.


Combination lamp and walnut table with tile top

Black upholstered chair with blonde legs

Wrought iron and glass fruit bowl

Clear and gold glass leaf bowl

Herman Miller Eames chair with Eiffel rocker base

Paul McCobb Jackson China restaurantware

Sputnik-shaped lamp with 33" tall shade

Green ceramic ashtray

Thonet stool

Barkcloth pillows

Blonde step table with black legs

Heywood Wakefield Ashcraft step tables

5 comments:

  1. Ooooo I love the back chair! I'll take that and the two pillows, please. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's probably a good thing that I don't live nearby or my carport would be full again. You have some great pieces. How much are you selling the stool for?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments 1950sarh and Midcenturymadam. We're hoping we'll have a good turnout. We have a $75 price tag on the stool, but we're ready to negotiate...at least till I can walk into my workshop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Strikingly sports fans are potentially at an incomprehensible sensible position. You can find the standard redirections channels on the web. Today you can watch international sporting events online with video spouting. https://mediosindependientes.org/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Get all the details about top web series, latest news, upcoming web series and videos. Get every news in hindi at your fingertip, get all the details about your latest memes at one place. Viral news, top hot gossips, trending YouTube videos and all this updates in Hindi. Watch out all the latest hot gossips if the industry and know all the current hot talks going on. viral news

    ReplyDelete