Flickr Widget

Monday, May 16, 2011

In (and out) of the store: Estate sale success

My SIL hit a pricey estate sale this weekend. He put bids in on a pair of Milo Baughman chairs and a Burke dining set, but there were a few things he couldn't resist bringing home on the spot.

This beautiful walnut room divider sold so quickly that I didn't get to see it. In fact, it was gone before I even got a picture of it for the website. We've had some fast turnover, but I think this sets a speed record.


This swag lamp caught my SIL's eye immediately, and he called me to tell me about it before he made it back to the store. I haven't researched it yet, and I'm eager to find out more about it. I think it has a cool Asian feel.


I've also got to do my homework on German pottery. He bought these two pieces, which I also haven't seen in person yet, so I don't know if they have any markings. I did a little preliminary reading about "fat lava" pottery, which piqued my curiosity for more research. (I feel a post coming on.) I don't know if that's what these are, but I think they're gorgeous.



Update: When I finally got to see the pieces, I found that the vase is actually Italian...possibly Raymor or Rosenthal Netter. The pots is, in fact, West German fat lava by Bay.

7 comments:

  1. I love swag! But swag lamps are the best of all. Can't wait to see if you come up with any info on that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I am thrilled you are doing so well with your store!

    You know me, for some reason I still cannot figure out, I love mid-century pottery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @DearHelenHartman: Swag and pole lamps are soooo mid-century! I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @1950sarh: I love it too...just because it's so sleek and cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey
    wanted some info from u..which email id could i reach u on..mine is itssudha @ gmail dot com...need some buying advice :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Sudha: I'd be glad to give you any information I have. You can reach me at dana@mid2mod.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks..i sent u an email :)

    ReplyDelete