Flickr Widget

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Richard Schultz for Knoll

Richard Schultz (1926- ) studied at at Iowa State University and the Illinois Institute of Technology in Chicago. He went to work for Knoll in 1951 to work with Harry Bertoia. While working for Knoll, he designed beds, daybeds, chaise lounges, coffee tables, sofas and desks.

In 1966 Florence Knoll asked him to design a collection of outdoor furniture that would withstand the climate in Florida, where she had a home. Now probably best known for his outdoor furniture, Shultz has reissued his 1966 collection and continues to design new products.

From knoll.com and richardshultz.com



Petal table
1stdibs.com

Enameled cocktail table
1stdibs.com

Rocking chair
architonic.com

Armchairs
treadwaygallery.com

Rosewood and chrome coffee table
mid2mod.com


The most recent addition to our store is a daybed Richard Schultz designed for Knoll in the 1950s. It is in spectacular condition, having been reupholstered in a Knoll fabric. It has an adjustable cane back that is simply beautiful. 


Richard Schultz daybed for Knoll, 1950s...for sale at our store

Back view of the Richard Schultz daybed for Knoll

Close-up of upholstery fabric

7 comments:

  1. Oh gee. All I need is a couch or day bed or something to go in the living room that looks like a couch.

    I wish your store were in my town, I know you'd find me something I love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @1950sarh: I think we're going to look at two daybeds this weekend that fit that description.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shut up with that daybed. Gaaah. Everything about it is so cool! The fabric is really really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @adriane: If this doesn't sell super fast, I'm buying it for myself! I love that thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Rhan: Unless someone comes in to buy it soon, that daybed is going to follow me home. :)

    ReplyDelete