Flickr Widget

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Part 4: Herman Miller WHY

This is my fourth post sharing with you the Herman Miller WHY series.

Work Life

This segment of the Herman Miller WHY series focuses on collaboration. For a year, the company's Insight and Exploration team observed various workplaces and came up with a universal "anatomy of collaboration." Even though how workers collaborate appeared to vary widely, the team identified 10 activities that go on in all offices every day.

Senior Researcher Shilpi Kumar notes that, “outlining these collaborative work behaviors will empower designers and decision makers with a greater understanding for how people really work, and will enable more informed choices in regards to office spaces.”


Chat
hermanmiller.com

Converse
hermanmiller.com

Co-Create
hermanmiller.com

Divide & Conquer
hermanmiller.com

Huddle
hermanmiller.com

Warm Up, Cool Down
hermanmiller.com

Show & Tell
hermanmiller.com

Process & Respond
hermanmiller.com

Create
hermanmiller.com

Contemplate
hermanmiller.com

To read the entire piece with an explanation of each activity, visit the Herman Miller site.

10 comments:

  1. These pics are cool, I like the looks of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Dana, for this little series. I was very inspired by the ads you´ve shown in one of your posts but this ones are so pretty to look at. How lovely it must be to sit in Eames or chairs and create, controvers etc. and be paid for it ;-) The style of the pics made me smile. Greetings and many thanks for all your comments on my blog. It is always a pleasure to read them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it would be great to work in an office like that too. It's always a pleasure to visit your blog and see the latest beautiful things you've found.

      Delete
  3. I love, love, love this series! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you're enjoying it. I suppose some people may find it somewhat dry, but I love it too!

      Delete
  4. Lovely graphics again, Dana, it's such fun to see the priority they give to visual communication!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the graphics too...especially the inclusion of so many Herman Miller products, along with such an interesting assortment of people. I also love that Herman Miller does this much research into what makes a good office setting.

      Delete
  5. Absolutely charming! And so sleek.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find them charming too. As stylized as the images are, they still feel warm and real.

      Delete