Flickr Widget

Thursday, September 12, 2013

In the store: Back for a return performance...Lucite

When we were in the Deep Ellum location, we were inundated with Lucite pieces for a short period of time, and I think we got burned out on transparent furniture. Since then, the store inventory has been decidedly opaque, but we just rekindled our love for Lucite. To be entirely honest, I think Lucite pieces are best used sparingly, but a spectacular one can make a dramatic statement in a modern home.

Take, for example, this vintage stacked console table, which is one of the prettiest Lucite pieces I've ever seen. It has a newly cut 3/4" glass top, and it's in stellar condition.

This is the ultimate in glam!


Lucite console table

Top view of base

Top view with glass

2 comments:

  1. AWESOME! It is beautiful and not too much. I love it with the new glass top. You need the space for it. It is a big boy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not the glam type, but if I were, I'd have one of these! I can definitely see this piece mixed in with some cool Hollywood Regency pieces. Like you said, it isn't over the top glam, but it definitely has some sparkle.

      Delete