Flickr Widget

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Paul Rudolph home in Fort Worth

I recently posted about architect Paul Rudolph of the Sarasota School of Architecture. While researching his work, I found that one of his most ambitious residential projects is right here in my hometown of Fort Worth, Texas.

In Fort Worth, the Bass family is one of the most wealthy. Three sons of oilman Perry Bass and his wife Nancy...Sid, Lee and Robert...broadened the business interests of the family, which is worth billions of dollars today.

Sid and his former wife Anne approached Rudolph in 1970 about designing a home for them. The 16,350 square foot structure was finished in 1977.

From archdaily.com and northtexasluxury.blogspot.com


archdaily.com

archdaily.com
trianglemodernisthouses.com

archdaily.com

archdaily.com

5 comments:

  1. Very nice design, so aero and lots of natural light inside.
    I hope there's a possibility for you to visit, it's right where you are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be an honor to see this beautiful Rudolph home, but the Basses and I run in slightly different social circles, so I won't hold my breath for an invitation. :)

      Delete
  2. What?! You can't even ring the doorbell and hand out a mid2mod brochure??? (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hidden on so many acres that I doubt I could even find it, even though it's only 1.3 miles from my house. The only way Google Maps can see it is by satellite! It would definitely be nice to have that family as customers though. :)

      Delete
  3. Well, your photos made me gasp! What an amazing house. Maybe they'll have an open house for a favorite charity or something...you can always hope!

    ReplyDelete