Flickr Widget

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Shuffle and flow

As pieces are sold at the store and new pieces are moved in, things get shuffled around. Eventually, things start to look a little disorganized, and a complete resetting of the floor is necessary to restore the flow of traffic and to create a pleasing aesthetic.

This is no small feat that usually involves moving every single piece of furniture in the store. It's an exhausting job generally taking 6-8 hours of heavy lifting...and a lot of merchandising savvy.

Here are a few of the latest shots of the store after a recent rearranging.












8 comments:

  1. The store looks wonderful, Dana!! I can see all the work you guys put into arranging and combining, making everything look it's best. You're doing a great job. The lamp in that first pic is spectacular!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That great brutalist lamp is by Tom Greene for Feldman. I love it too! I have to confess that while my daughter and SIL were slaving away moving furniture a couple of days ago, the boys and I were playing ball outdoors, watching TV and napping. :)

      Delete
  2. Dagnabbit! There's something I adore in every single photo......oh, to be rich!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When my SIL first opened the store, I'd actually get sad every time he sold one of my favorite pieces. It's a little better now, but I always have a few that I absolutely adore too, and several of them are in these photos.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the look around. Besides the fab furniture and decorations, I love your polished floor and the orange around the window (my fav colour)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the orange stripe too. At our first store, my daughter and SIL put up the stripe, and it was a self-adhesive nightmare...almost like the I Love Lucy wallpaper episode. At this store, we had about 10 times as much glass to cover, so they hired someone to do it without even thinking twice. :)

      Delete
  4. Every photo is a visual treat! Love the hanging lamp in photo one and those chrome? birds are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That lamp is one of my favorites too, and I wish I had a place for those birds in my home, but they'd take a lot more space than I have.

      Delete