Flickr Widget

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Easily distracted

OK, I admit it. When I was supposed to be researching a post for today, I got distracted. I ordered the materials to make 6 or 8 new necklaces, and all the beautiful gemstones and silver findings have been coming in for the last few days, so I spent my time making chunky, asymmetrical modern jewelry instead of writing.

This has been a hobby of mine for several years, but I do it in fits and starts. And when I start, I tend to get just a bit obsessive and string beads for hours at a time. I don't need a Magic 8 Ball to see that in my immediate future.


30" necklace made from Picasso marble and Thai Hill Tribe silver

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! I really enjoy putting these together. It's another way to keep the old brain active.

      Delete
  2. Stunning necklace Dana, love the marble!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like working with marble and jasper and similar chunky gemstones. I'm not really the sparkly, delicate type. I started making necklaces years ago when I fell in love with the ones I saw in the Sundance catalog but couldn't afford them.

      Delete
  3. These are necklaces that I'd wear! Looking forward to seeing what you create! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I imagine you'll get tired of looking at them before I'm finished. I'm in a total beading frenzy and can't stop.

      Delete