Flickr Widget

Monday, September 19, 2016

Spaces: No-name room

Since renovations to the house are ongoing, I don't have any final full-room photos to share...and may not for a while. In the next few posts, I thought I'd show you a few corners, walls, and nooks and  here and there throughout the house.

These shots a room between the formal living room and the family room/dining area. We haven't decided quite yet whether to make it an office or a breakfast room. but for now it holds some of our favorite things.


My Remploy dropfront desk, full of pewter and silver treasures

Frank Lloyd Wright brass picture, vintage gooseneck lamp,
Bitossi bird, studio pottery, mid-century "flash cards,"
and various Danish, Swedish, and Norwegian pewter and silver

My daughter's vintage camera, Carstens floor vase,
and repro George Nelson clock

A favorite Ib Kofod-Larsen chair

Corner built-ins with some favorite Scheurich pottery,
Festivo candleholders, Frankoma pieces, along with
 vintage glass beaker and mortar and pestle
from my grandfather's drugstore

10 comments:

  1. Your grandfather's mortar and pestle...so cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I treasure the items that belonged to my grandparents and great-grandparents.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks! We're taking the renovations slow and easy, but we're still having fun decorating.

      Delete
  3. So you did buy that chair from your store? I have the same one. The fabric and back look the same. The legs have small wooden caps that are original.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I got it from the store, and it's one of my favorite pieces. I think you had told me you had one too.

      Delete
  4. It is all amazing. I'm in love with the drop front desk, and its treasures. Keep sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought the desk at auction for $50 when we first opened the store, and I still love it. I listed it on Craigslist at one time, thinking I didn't have room for it anymore, but I yanked the listing before anyone could come get it. I just couldn't give it up.

      Delete
  5. I am falling in love with every piece and every corner. cant wait to see the whole tour :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We need to get the terrazzo floor refinished, buy new window treatments, and get some painting and some minor ceiling repair work done (where we moved fixtures around) before we do the "big reveal," but we're working on it. :) I'm glad you're enjoying the bits and pieces.

      Delete